Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donor Relations Manager - South
- Job ID
- Location Name
This career relationship manager develops, builds, and manages a portfolio of mid-level prospective and current donors in order to meet Compassion's annual revenue goals. The manager further builds customized activities and campaigns to further engage constituents with Compassion's ministry objectives. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts major, complex revenue generating strategies for large Marketing Development initiatives. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other relationship managers.
Preference will be given to candidates living in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Serves as a key relationship manager in a professional fundraising environment with particular emphasis on qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of mid-level donors and constituents of Compassion's ministry. Actively advances growth along all product lines and is accountable for achieving revenue goals established by leadership.
- Responsible for designing and customizing unique fundraising and cultivation activities/campaigns for the purpose of generating revenue, increasing retention, identifying prospects, and acquiring commitments/sponsorships.
- Educates audiences of current and prospective donors, constituents, and foundations, on Compassion's ministry of Christian child development. Furthers engagement and builds strong relationships with planned portfolio of constituents through regular personal visits, phone calls, proposals, presentations, and other correspondence.
- Sets multi-faceted fundraising forecasts. Sets strategy and timelines for each constituent relationship and qualified prospect in order to achieve fundraising goals. Completes fundraising and stewardship reports based on established format for both internal use and constituent use as needed.
- Serves as key participant and may lead Compassion tours and project visits, meetings, and special events. As appropriate, also includes constituents in visits and events.
- Regularly responsible for various types of speaking engagements in both small and large group settings advocating for Compassion or Children in need.
- Occasionally coaches and provides expertise to other relationship managers in the Marketing Development discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Five years experience working in this or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Generally not required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule