Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation - Field Trip Clerk
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Support the scheduling and coordinating of field trips for the district (Pre K-12) during the school year. The Field Trip Clerk must assist in the scheduling of buses/drivers to transport athletic teams and related auxiliaries.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Texas commercial drivers license with passenger and school bus endorsements
- TEA school bus driver certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient typing and computer skills
- Good organizational and filing skills
- Ability to use Easy Bus field trip software
- Ability to receive and give verbal instructions effectively
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to operate a bus
- Possess a good driving record
- Demonstrate ability to enter and exit rear emergency door of bus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in school transportation
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in maintaining driving records for all employees driving district vehicles.
- Assist in the processing of all trips Pre K-12 (including athletic teams and athletic related trips as well as Special Education field trips by scheduling, assigning and dispatching extracurricular trips.
- Must be proficient in using Easy Bus, the software used to electronically process field trip requests.
- Must be capable of training sponsors/coaches/teachers in using the easy Bus software to request buses for field trips.
- Assist payroll with billing and paying drivers for extracurricular trips.
- Assess the basic needs to accommodate each trip processed.
- Coordinate the posting of emergency trips for the district.
- Support a system of rotation that provides all eligible drivers an opportunity to drive extra trips.
- Maintain a field trip data base.
- Enter trips into the computer on a daily basis.
- Prioritize the scheduling of trips so that as much advanced notice as possible may be provided to drivers.
- Contact the person(s) requesting a field trip immediately if a scheduling problem arises.
- Oversee any driver needs for field trips.
- Keep accurate records of all trips and drivers.
- Assist receptionist as needed.
- Perform as a relief bus driver when necessary.
- Maintain confidentially at all times.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Working around high noise levels
- Frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, reaching
- Light lifting and carrying; work outside and inside
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes
- Work around moving objects and machinery with moving parts
- Prolonged sitting and use of computer
Days in Contract: 187
Hours Worked: 7.5 hours
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 4
Job Contact Information
Monday, December 17, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)