Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Core with Coaching Duties High School
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Provide all students with appropriate learning experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas certificate for the subject and level assigned
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and demonstrated competency in the subject(s) assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage behavior
Openness to change and innovation to meet the needs of all students
At least one year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Instructional strategies to promote student growth
- Guide the learning of students in accordance with the district’s philosophy of education toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Align teaching and available resources to the District curriculum.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative guidelines and the District curriculum.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student learning and use results to plan and implement instruction.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to modify curricula and instruction as needed for special education, 504, ELL, and GT students according to guidelines established.
- Work cooperatively with the campus and district instructional supervisors, leaders, and department heads to improve instruction.
Offer accelerated instruction to each student who meets any of the state "at risk" criteria in order for the student to perform satisfactorily on the state assessment.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to campus and district requirements.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned; sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Use available technologies as appropriate teaching and learning tools.
- Integrate the instruction of technology into subject area teaching.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteers.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Maintain a professional and cordial relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Adhere to local, state, and federal guidelines regarding confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with students, parents, and other staff members.
- Respond to parent phone calls/messages in a timely manner.
Classroom management and organization
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the CCISD Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
- Provides for care and protection of school property and be held accountable for books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Maintains accurate student accounting and grading records in compliance with local and state requirements.
- Assists in upholding and implementing administrative regulations and board policy.
Manage and utilize data effectively for systemic process and program analysis.
Account for the accuracy and verification of all student program data and reports.
Implement data-driven decision making for improvement efforts based on best practices.
Manage and utilize policy effectively for maintaining systemic processes and practices.
Account for the verification of the correct policy regarding all decisions and correspondence.
Implement effective policy-driven decision making.
Professional growth and development
- Seek and participate in professional development activities to improve instructional effectiveness thereby increasing student achievement.
- Participate collaboratively with colleagues to reflect on one’s teaching practices.
- Stay abreast of developments in the profession and display openness to change and innovation.
- Maintain updated record of all professional development activities.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Personal growth and work habits
Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
Submit all legal documents in a timely manner as required by Federal, State, and District.
Display proficient levels of technology applications.
Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Meet deadlines to submit lesson plans, progress reports, grades and other documents as required by the campus/district.
Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned, including attendance at applicable school graduation ceremonies and any requested school trainings, regardless of when conducted.
Effective verbal and written communication; concentration while performing duties; ability to maintain emotional control under stress; ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demand/Environmental Factors
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, lifting, moving textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom materials
Terms: 187 days
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)