Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Special Education Aide 2019-2020
at Clear Creek Independent School District
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Only one (1) substitute application is required for all substitute positions, and only one substitute application will be processed per applicant. Applications will remain active for one (1) school year.
- A complete substitute application will include the following:
- Three (3) qualified references with associated email addresses (see the application for complete details)
- Complete work history
- Complete education information
- All applicants are required to attend an orientation. Orientations are held monthly August-February.
- Future communications regarding orientations will be sent via e-mail. Please be sure to check your spam folder.
- If you are a recent CCISD retiree, please complete the online application and call the sub office.
- Support and assist the teacher and/or staff by providing instructional support, working in all educational settings, including small group(s) or with individual students to conduct instructional activities or behavioral strategies.
- Implement appropriate behavior management systems in accordance with the campus classroom expectations and/or the student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP.)
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the
- Keep the teacher informed of any specific needs or challenges of individual student(s)
- Assist the classroom teacher in preparing, modifying, adapting, and maintaining instructional materials or equipment to meet the individual needs of students.
- Assist the teacher in collecting data by using the appropriate data collection tools
- Assist teachers in guiding individual students or groups of students in daily activities, including monitoring personal hygiene, appropriate dress, eating habits, appropriate behavior, etc., in the school setting as well as the community.
- After completion of required training by district personnel assist/support student(s) by lifting, feeding, cleaning, maintaining hygiene, and any other personal care services the student may require.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with school personnel, community members, students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Perform other related duties as required
Assist the teacher in the preparation and management of classroom activities; assist the staff and support student(s) receiving Special Education Services; work collaboratively with all staff.
Substitutes must be fingerprinted and are required to pass the background check. Employment with Clear Creek ISD is based on having an acceptable criminal history.
High school diploma or GED
Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships
Patience, tolerance, and flexibility
Ability to maintain confidentially
Ability to work with children of all disability categories
Major Responsibilities and Duties
classroom and in the community.
in a timely manner.
provided by the teacher/district staff.
10.Demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork and passion for a student centered environment.
Effective verbal and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress; objective decision-making under crisis conditions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent moderate: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs and/or ramps, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity, distinguishing colors, driving, traveling
Occasional: Lifting, moderate, 15-44 pounds; carrying, moderate, 15-44 pounds
Exposure to chemicals for cleaning
If you have questions please contact HR at (281) 284-0155
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 1, 2019 12:00 AM -
Friday, March 20, 2020 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)