Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Army Instructor/JROTC
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Provide JROTC students with appropriate learning experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Retired US Army Officer (Commissioned or Warrant)
Discharged from the U.S. Army with service characterized as “Honorable”.
Certified by US Army Cadet Command
Completed/ Approved CNACI investigation
Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Familiar with the Army Regulations 145-2
Familiar with TC 3-21.5, Drill and Ceremony
Familiar with principles of instruction
Retired from the US Army and drawing retirement salary.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Serve as the chief instructor of the JROTC unit.
2. Manage the JROTC program in accordance with school rules, regulations, and customs
3. Advise school authorities on laws and regulations affecting the legal and safe operation of the program.
4. Continually evaluate the JROTC program.
5. Enforce the uniform dress out policy.
6. Serve as unit fund manager.
7. Conduct risk assessment prior to engaging in high risk training.
8. Enforce property accountability policy.
9. JROTC instructors coach Color Guard Team as a minimum.
10. Advise the Cadet Battalion Officer staff.
11. Coordinate the extracurricular activities and out of district travel with the district Coordinator for Leadership Education and Development.
12. Manage the JROTC program in accordance with AR 145-2
13. Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
14. Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
15. Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
16. Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
17. Display proficient levels of technology applications.
18. Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
19. Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
20. Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
21. Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
22. Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
23. Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
24. Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective communication: ability to maintain emotional and control in all circumstances.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Frequent district wide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; exposure to various weather conditions.
Terms: 230 Days
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)