Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secretary - Special Education Records (SERS)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
To assist in maintaining and tracking all special education eligibility records, SERS inventory system, expedite release and dissemination of special education records and information to other school districts, agencies, hospitals, and insurance companies
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Efficient computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn special education record keeping regulations as required by state and federal government
- Reading and interpreting skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with nominal supervision
- Minimum of 3 years secretarial and bookkeeping experience, preferably in a public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain all active and inactive computer and physical eligibility records of special education students to comply with state and federal laws.
- Communicate as liaison with administrative, guidance and teaching staff, parents, other districts, hospitals, agencies, medical and educational professionals, and legal firms regarding student record.
- Create student files for all special education students; update all changes regarding status and location of all student eligibility records.
- Verify appropriateness, select, and expedite release and dissemination of student records from the district to other school districts, professionals, and agencies.
- Purge student eligibility records according to state and federal laws regarding retention schedules.
- Audit annual inventories of all eligibility records at various schools and coordinate district-wide transfers of eligibility records twice annually.
- Ensure confidentiality in dealing with student records and other departmental business.
- Interface with district computer software inventory systems.
- Accession and process all equipment/materials received and complete circulation procedures prior to distribution/delivery.
- Maintain inventory of records on all SERS (Special Education Resource System) equipment and materials in district in accordance with federal regulation.
- Access data and provide reports, as requested, on materials acquisition, circulation, and location for SERS inventories.
- Assist administrators and other departmental secretaries as needed.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to acting.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective verbal and written communication; concentration while performing duties; ability to maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate standing, walking, bending; heavy lifting and carrying; prolonged sitting and use of computer; repetitive hand motions
Days in Contract: 230
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 5
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)