Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secretary - Special Education Coordinators
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Facilitate the efficient operation of the special education office by providing clerical services to the director, assistant director, and coordinators.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient word processing and file maintenance skills
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Minimum of 3 years secretarial and bookkeeping experience, preferably in a public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and manage routine work activities and records with little supervision.
- Perform bookkeeping and purchasing tasks for the department and assist in budget preparation.
- Compile information and prepare various reports for the department.
- Perform varied editing, typing, and computer tasks for the director, assistant director, and coordinators in the preparation of correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, etc.
- Exercise good telephone etiquette, take reliable messages, and deal with questions/problems or direct to appropriate staff.
- Order and maintain office supplies as needed.
- Maintain filing and tracking systems for department financial and travel records.
- Maintain schedules of itinerant staff and make travel arrangements for department staff.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Assist with switchboard relief.
- Provide assistance in scheduling professional learning, meetings, and campus appointments as requested by coordinators or directors.
- Assist with bookkeeping of contracts as needed.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Concentration while performing duties
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Moderate standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying
- Prolonged sitting and use of computer
- Repetitive hand motions
Days in Contract: 230
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 4
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 18, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)