Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secretary - Principal (High School)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Ensure efficient operation of the school administrative office and provide clerical services for the school’s administrative staff.
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer, typing, and word processing skills
- Software knowledge to develop spreadsheets and databases
- Strong organizational and file maintenance skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum of 3 years secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform usual office routines and practices associated with a productive office (i.e. correspondence, telephone, scheduling, mail distribution, etc.).
- Exercise good telephone etiquette, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff
- Assist principal, students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Collect and compile data and prepare report of monthly payroll information for faculty and staff.
- Maintain principal’s calendar and schedule meetings; assure that the principal is fully briefed on the matters to be considered at meetings.
- Establish and maintain files and provide information from the files such as student records, teacher records, and extracurricular activities.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, school supplies, and equipment.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including mailing lists, student records, visitor logs, and office communications.
- Coordinate the check-n and checkout of teachers at opening and closing of school year and at other necessary times.
- Process UIL eligibility forms.
- Update and publish faculty handbook each year.
- Supervise student office workers.
- Coordinate clerical projects for the campus.
- Enter work/maintenance requests for campus.
- Receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Assist with campus budget preparation.
- Maintain issues/returns of key cards
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (email, written, verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Concentration while performing duties
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Moderate standing, walking, bending, lifting
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer
- Work with frequent interruptions
Days in Contract: 230
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 6
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)