Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secretary - Attendance Officers
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Serve as a liaison between the school, the home and the community in matters relating to the attendance of students who are in violation of the compulsory school attendance laws of Texas and perform duties related to the operation of the office of the Truancy Officers.
- High school diploma or GED
- Expertise in Windows, Microsoft Office, database management software, email and calendaring/scheduling systems
- Ability to create spreadsheets and manage databases
- Knowledge of student information
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set priorities, handles multiple assignments, and makes decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to learn new software
- Skills in proofreading
Minimum of 3 to 4 years secretarial experience, preferably in the legal field; experience working in District and County Courts; K-12 public education (preferably in attendance)
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare updated withdrawal list, absence occurrence reports per campus and send to each attendance officer weekly.
- Verify withdrawal codes and comments.
- Prepare and forward verification of enrollments to registrar and include updated withdrawal dates.
- Familiarization with district attendance policies and state attendance laws.
- Maintain and file all office data and tracking of student referrals and attendance contracts.
- Process and assign students referrals through the Attend for Success system.
- Train campus staff on AFS three-day attendance letters and ensure letters are being generated.
- Submit monthly and annual summary of PEIMS Cycle reports to school authorities and attendance officers.
- Maintain adequate records of all cases and central filing system.
- Handle all incoming mail and telephone communications.
- Communicate with Truancy Officers regarding referral procedures.
- Familiarization with district board policy regarding student transfers, guardianships and immunizations.
- Assist school personnel in interpreting and enforcing the compulsory attendance laws of the State of Texas.
- Send copies of correspondence to school personnel as requested.
- Maintain record of home-schooled students (send exemption form to parents and file information received per campus).
- Verify GED scores utilizing the Texas Student Data System and maintain up-to-date information on GED prep classes/testing.
- Verify enrollment of withdrawn students through the Texas Records Exchange system.
- Prepare Attendance Reports Schedule and provide to Information Management Services (IMS) for proper distribution.
- Maintain up-to-date forms/compulsory attendance law as needed in two languages.
- Maintain accurate information on area apartments/subdivisions.
- Order forms and office supplies for Truancy Office.
- Coordinate management of office.
- Reconcile all purchase orders and invoices for the district attendance office.
- Reconcile all KRONOS timesheets and monitor personnel time records to include sick leave, vacation, and special requests.
- Work directly with Community in Schools, Harris County Community Youth Services Truancy Intervention Program, and Harris County District Attorneys’ Office Stay In School Program.
- Exercise excellent telephone etiquette and respond appropriately to inquiries and requests from the community and district staff in all areas of job responsibility.
- Maintain a variety of communications with administration, campus personnel, court personnel, probation officers, social workers, police officers and the general public.
- Attend training to develop skills appropriate to the job assignment.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, reasoning and judgment, reading, interpretive skills, emotional control during stressful situations, concentration, coordination and assimilation of data, instructional skills, ability to work efficiently in a timely manner and the ability to multi-task under pressure.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Keyboarding, frequent interruptions, moderate standing, walking, bending, lifting; prolonged sitting and use of computer; repetitive hand motions
Days in Contract: 187 days or as otherwise assigned
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 5
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)