Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Help maintain the physical school facility in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of it may be made at all times.
- High school diploma or GED
- Texas driver’s license and pass MVR driving record check - must meet eligibility requirements for CCISD motor vehicle insurance
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and skills to maintain plumbing needs of the school district
- Knowledge of plumbing codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use tools required for the trade
- Requirement determined by supervisor
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in maintaining the safe condition of pipes, drains, and plumbing fixtures in the facilities owned and operated by the district.
- Recognize and report when outside assistance is needed.
- Perform repair and/or new work as requires.
- Recommend supplies and equipment for purchase.
- Examine district owned facilities on a regular basis for purposes of preventive maintenance.
- Be available for after hour demands.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Including but not limited to hand tools required for plumbing repairs; gas and electrical powered sewer machines; pipe cutter and threader; gas testing equipment; welding and soldering equipment
- Maintain concentration while working around gas lines, water lines, and energized equipment
- Maintain emotional control at all times
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Standing and walking 8 hours per day
- Bending, crawling, stooping, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Inside and outside exposure to hot and cold temperatures, fumes, and toxic chemicals
Days in Contract: 230
Pay Grade: Aux 7
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)