Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Performs duties as assigned, which could include all necessary vehicle repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain a valid Texas commercial driver’s license and good driving record.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions.
- Must be cooperative and show initiative towards improving skills.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Two years automotive or truck mechanical repair experience. This can be hands-on, classroom training, or a combination of both.
- Certification by the Automotive Service Excellence testing program in a minimum of two service areas.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience for Mechanic II.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluates and performs all necessary vehicle repairs and other duties as assigned, within the qualification level obtained, indicating to the supervisor when repairs are completed and another job assignment is required. Immediately requests assistance of the Shop Foreman or Lead Mechanic when needed repairs are beyond current qualification level.
- Analyze and tune engines through the use of engine analyzers.
- Capable of overhauling engines, brakes, front and rear suspensions.
- Furnish personal basic hand tools.
- Take initiative to improve skills as a mechanic.
- Has all major repairs inspected and approved by the Shop Foreman or Lead Mechanic before the vehicle is released for service.
- Maintains a safe, clean productive and efficient work area.
- Identified and reports any repairs found to be necessary whether or not previously assigned. Indicates any necessary repairs that are above current qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs on the appropriate forms provided as each activity is completed.
- Immediately brings unsafe practice or conditions to the attention of the Shop Foreman.
- Ensures compliance of work and work area with appropriate state and federal regulations regarding equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Immediately brings abnormal instances of vehicle abuse and major mechanical problems to the attention of the Shop Foreman.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Effective communication
- Ability to maintain emotional and professional control in all circumstances
- Maintaining emotional control under stress
- Working around high noise levels
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, reaching
- Heavy lifting and carrying; working outside and inside
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes
- Working around moving objects and machinery with moving parts
Days in Contact: 230
Hours Worked: 8
Pay Grade: Aux 5
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)