Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lunch Room Monitor
at Clear Creek Independent School District
LOCATION: 300 Pennsylvania, Webster, TX 77598
- Promote safety and well-being of students as they interact during lunch.
- None specified
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of campus lunchroom behavior standards
- Skill in coping with a variety of students in varied situations
- Skill in working effectively and cooperatively with school age children and others
- Some experience working with children preferred, e.g. daycare, Sunday school, sports, boy/girl scouts
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain appropriate discipline and student safety in the cafeteria according to district policies and procedures.
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Supervise student behavior during the lunch period to include serving lines, while eating, and during cafeteria dismissal.
- Assist students with managing food items, e.g. opening milk cartons, packages, thermos and/or cans.
- Maintain a positive attitude when communicating with teacher, parents, students, and staff.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Working with frequent interruptions; ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Frequent walking, standing, light lifting, bending, stooping, reaching; vocal communication required; visual acuity required for monitoring and determining needs of students; moderate exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases
Days in Contract: 170
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)