Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Custodian - Elementary
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Supervise the campus custodial operations; establish and follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain high standards of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
- None specified
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Ability to interface with staff, students, and community
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Requirement determined by supervisor
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and monitor the work of custodians at assigned campus.
- Plan, oversee, and participate in all custodial work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
- Monitor the time cards of all custodial employees.
- Maintain an inventory and order custodial supplies from the operations department.
- Strive constantly to promote the safety and security of the building.
- Be responsible for the general fire safety, health, and comfort of the students and employees.
- Perform emergency repairs.
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning services as necessary.
- Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas, neat and clean at all times.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Be responsible for daily cleaning of classrooms, lunchrooms, office, gyms, etc., including the dusting of furniture.
- Ensure that all corridors are cleaned during the day when needed and after school.
- Ensure that all restroom floors are scrubbed and disinfected and that all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Including but not limited to buffer, scrubber, wet/dry vacuum, shampooer, extractor and other small electrical tools
- Maintain emotional control at all times
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Strenuous walking, standing, and/or climbing
- Lifting up to 80 pounds
- Exposure to inside and outside temperature extremes, dust, toxic chemicals, and materials
- Work on slippery or uneven walking surfaces
- Work on ladders
Days in Contract: 220
Job Contact Information
Monday, April 29, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)