Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Assessment Specialist – Special Education
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Provide assistance and leadership for Diagnosticians, campus-based and itinerant LSSPs with evaluations, provision of psychological services and caseload management. Assist with implementation and review of special education and section 504 processes related to evaluation and psychological services.
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology holding a valid license from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of evaluation procedures using cross battery assessment
Knowledge of behavioral assessment and interventions
Knowledge of special education and Section 504 legislation
Knowledge of human development, behavior and learning theories
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LSSP or Diagnostician, providing school based evaluations
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate psychological and psychoeducational assessments district-wide.
- Coordinate e Functional Behavioral Assessments district-wide.
- Assist Section 504 committees by reviewing data and making educational recommendations regarding outside independent evaluations.
- Provide consultation to LSSPs, Assessment Specialists, Diagnosticians, other support personnel, school administrators, teachers, parents, and community agencies related to individual education plan (IEP) and Section 504 individual accommodation plan (IAP) development.
- Attend ARD/IEP/504 meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with Lead Speech Language Pathologist and Lead Team Leader in development of district processes.
- Assist with staff development by preparing, facilitating and presenting as needed.
- Assist Director of Special Education Support Services with recruiting, interviewing and placement of LSSPs and Diagnosticians.
- Assist in the assignment of supervisors to LSSP interns and LSSP Trainees in accordance with Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists’ regulations.
- Assist in preparing end of the year compliance reports for State Performance Plan indicators.
- Complete order requisitions for testing protocols and test kits.
- Maintain inventory of testing kits/supplies and materials.
- Assist with assignment and completion of summer evaluations.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective verbal and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate walking, standing, stooping, bending, and lifting; frequent district-wide travel to multiple locations
Terms: 210 Days
Job Contact Information
Monday, August 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)