Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GBCDHH Intervener (Anticipated)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Provide direct support to a student with deaf-blindness for all of the instructional day as determined by the student’s Individualized Education Plan and work under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher implementing the I.E.P.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Educational Aide Certification III
- Completion of two year program of studies in the Intervener for Deaf-Blindness Persons preferred
- Knowledge of students with sensory impairments
- Willingness to participate in on-going training in the area of deaf/blindness
- Ability to use sign language for communication purposes preferred
- Certificate in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Training in the area of behavior management strategies
- Willingness to assist with toileting, feeding and other self-help skills
- 1 year of experience working with students with sensory impairments
GBCDHH Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with implementation of the student’s IEP including modifications, accommodations and instructional techniques
- Provide on-going direct support to student through-out the school day as indicated by the IEP
- Become proficient in student’s individual communication methods and strategies
- Assist with lesson planning for student and create instructional materials as needed.
- Accompany and support student during community-based instruction.
- Maintain communication between home and school, and keeps a daily log of information about the student’s activities.
- Participate in ARD meetings and student staffings.
- Participate in the assessment of the student and in the preparation of IEPs, progress reports, behavior plans, data collection, and other documentation for program monitoring.
- Participate in site-based, regional, and statewide training in the area of deaf-blindness.
- Serves as a resource to other staff on issues related to deaf-blindness.
- Complete all necessary paperwork concerning payroll, attendance, etc. in a timely fashion according to Clear Creek ISD policies and procedures.
- Interact in a professional manner with administrators, teachers, staff, students, visitors or other individuals and participate as an effective team member.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively spoken/written English, maintain emotional control while working with students and adults
- Able to repair communication breakdowns
- Maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Repetitive hand motions; hearing and speech
- Visual activity; bending
- Stooping; walking, lifting up to forty pounds
Days in Contract: 183
Rate of Pay: GBCDHH Intervener Pay
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)