Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Trip Bus Driver
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned trips; operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from designated locations.
- Valid Texas commercial driver’s license with passenger and school bus endorsement
- TEA school bus driver certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of student discipline procedure
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to operate bus
- Possess a good driving record
- Ability to evacuate students in the event of an accident/emergency
- Minimum of 2 years’ school bus driver experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow procedures established for obtaining and returning necessary trip paper work.
- Follow procedures established for checking out and returning buses.
- Follow assigned trip directions and adhere to established schedules.
- Supervise student behavior.
- Report student discipline problems to appropriate supervisor.
- Cooperate with supervisory staff in basic emergency procedures.
- Report verbally and in required written reports: all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, and mechanical failures.
- Check vehicle for mechanical defects and notify appropriate supervisor of needed repairs.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to work around high noise levels and with frequent interruptions
Physical Demand/Environmental Factors
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, reaching
- Heavy lifting and carrying
- Continual sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand and arm motions
- Work outside and inside
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes
- Flexible hours
- Evacuate students in the event of an accident/emergency
Days in Contact: As Needed
Hours: As Needed
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)