Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dispatcher - Special Education Route
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Coordinate and schedule all special education transportation; interact with special education students, school personnel, parents and patrons.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Texas commercial driver's license with passenger and school bus endorsments
- DPS School Bus Driver Certification
- Some experience or knowledge of dispatching
- Good telephone and 2-way radio communication skills
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Ability to receive and give verbal instructions effectively
- Ability and knowledge of routing and scheduling buses for special education students
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines for special education
- Knowledge of student discipline procedure
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to operate a bus
- Possess a good driving record
- Demonstrated ability to enter and exit rear emergency door of bus
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in school transportation
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate, schedule, and maintain all special education bus routes.
- Supervise, instruct, and counsel special education bus drivers and bus aides concerning any problems or concerns with students, parents, teachers, co-workers, patrons.
- Interview and recommend to the director the hiring of bus aides.
- Instruct all special education drivers, bus aides, and regular education substitute drivers about loading, securing, and unloading wheelchair students on the buses.
- Maintain pertinent documentation on special education students that enables the dispatcher to route each student.
- Be responsible for notifying drivers, parents and school personnel of any changes in a student’s bus service, such as changes of address, pickup and/or drop-off locations, and pickup and/or drop-off time or any bus changes.
- Prepare reports required by the state, district, or department.
- Supervise and monitor the special education drivers in maintaining a route folder with accurate descriptions of their AM and PM routes (i.e. order of pickup and drop-off, locations and times, including the arrival and departing time at each school served).
- Communicate with parents, special education administrators, and school personnel concerning the transporting of special education students.
- Be responsible for coordinating, assigning, and dispatching of the special education wheelchair students for extracurricular trips.
- Coordinate and schedule all summer school routes for special education students.
- Remain informed of accident response procedures (e.g. dispatch police, ambulance, drug testing agency, notify appropriate personnel and school(s); cover any remaining portion of the route; assist in notifying parents of all students on the bus; assist at the accident scene if necessary).
- Perform regular and special education dispatching duties in the afternoon and in the absence of the regular education dispatcher.
- Perform as a relief special education bus driver as necessary.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to acting.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Maintaining emotional control under stress, maintaining concentration while performing duties; working with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate walking, standing climbing, stooping, bending, reaching; light lifting and carrying; work outside and inside; exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes, work around moving objects and machinery with moving parts.
Days in Contract: 230
Pay Grade: Auxillary 6
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)