Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian - Floater
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Travel to campuses at the request of the Director of Maintenance and Operations or designee to: clean assigned areas of the building, ensure custodial equipment is operational and ready for use, open and lock building for campus, community and district functions, and perform any other duties as assigned.
- As defined by Director of Maintenance and Operations
- None specified
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, energy management, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Experience in custodial work or willingness to learn
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform cleaning duties specific to light duty, restroom, utility and vacuum specialists as part of team cleaning protocol or related to zone cleaning management.
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include the following: sweep and dust all rooms and walls; remove gum, marks, and spills; replace all furniture in proper order after cleaning; empty pencil sharpeners and wastebaskets and carry out all trash; clean the chalkboards, chalk trays, and erasers; clean windows, doors, ledges and light fixtures as needed; clean and sanitize surfaces in classrooms and hallways; clean and sanitize sinks and fill dispensers.
- Maintain a continuous program of care of resilient and hard surface floors to include: carpet extracting; mopping; spot removal; sweeping; vacuuming; applying finish, and buffing.
- Clean and disinfect restroom lavatories, commodes, urinals, walls and floors; fill all dispensers in restrooms.
- Inspect and clean cafeterias, food labs, gymnasiums, lounges, hallways, restrooms and locker rooms as assigned.
- Inspect, clean and remove trash around exterior athletic areas, bleachers and campus grounds as assigned.
- Maintain clean orderly custodial closets and storerooms.
- Participate in the set-up, breakdown and cleaning of applicable areas during district or community use events, emergency response designated sites.
- Report maintenance problems to the Lead Custodian so repairs can be made.
- Work around any meetings or special activities that may be in session during work hours.
- Make certain that lights in rooms are out, doors locked, and building secure before clocking out.
- Clean custodial equipment after use.
- Work in any area of the building assigned; occasionally work with a crew to accomplish certain tasks during student holidays and student vacations, or when other custodians are not at work.
- Participate in the district’s Standard Reunification Protocol as directed by the district’s Incident Commander or designee.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Including but not limited to buffer, floor scrubber, wet/dry vacuum cleaner, backpack vacuum, carpet extractor, ladder.
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Maintain emotional control at all times
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Strenuous walking, standing and/or climbing
- Lifting up to 80 pounds
- Exposure to hot/cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals, and materials
- Slippery and/or uneven walking surfaces
- Work on ladders
- Work alone
Days in Contract: 220
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)