Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator of Special Education Student Achievement
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Facilitate support related to curriculum and instruction for students with disabilities and provide leadership for the ARD/IEP process/implementation to staff at assigned campuses, their students, and families.
Master’s degree in education from an accredited college or university
Texas mid-management/principal or other appropriate Texas certification
Professional Development and Appraisal System (PDAS) appraiser certification and/or
T-TESS appraiser certification
Knowledge of special education laws to maintain district-wide compliance
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to coordinate district function
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to think critically and systematically problem solve
Three years as a special education teacher preferred
District Special Education experience or campus administration experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct instructional and curriculum services to meet students’ needs at the assigned level.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate instructional programs (including learning objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment techniques) with teachers, staff, counselors, diagnosticians, and principals.
- Apply research and data to improve the content, sequence, and outcomes of the teaching/learning process.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum; document IEP and ARD process based on systematic review and analysis.
- Involve instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs.
- Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of education goals.
- Ensure that district goals and objectives are developed using collaborative processes and problem-solving techniques when appropriate.
- Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals, objectives, and major classroom instructional programs.
- Actively support the efforts of others to achieve district goals and objectives, campus performance objectives, and academic excellence indicators.
- Obtain and use evaluative information, including student achievement data, to examine curriculum and instruction program effectiveness.
- Secure consultants, specialists, and other community resources to assist principals and instructional staff in attaining objectives.
- Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the district, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
- Research and implement the policies established by federal and state law, state board of education rule, and local board policy in curriculum and instruction area.
- Compile, maintain, and present all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Compile and manage budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs and district goals.
- Prepare, review, and revise job descriptions in Special Education department.
- Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Assist with recruitment, selection, and training of personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal; assist with the implementation of the designated teacher appraisal system; possibly serve as second appraiser.
- Provide for two-way communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community.
- Demonstrate skill in conflict resolution with administrators, parents, teachers, staff, and community.
- Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy, and curriculum implementation strategies to the community and solicit its support in realizing district’s mission.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Manage and utilize data effectively for systemic process and program analysis.
- Account for the accuracy and verification of all student program data and reports.
- Implement data-driven decision making for improvement efforts based on best practices.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective communication; ability to maintain emotional and professional control under stress; ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demand/Environmental Factors
Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel; moderate standing, walking, bending, lifting, carrying; prolonged computer use and repetitive hand motions
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)