Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Manager – Elementary (Anticipated)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Be responsible for the supervision, training, and management of campus service operation on the elementary campus, ensuring that appropriate quantities of food are available, prepared, and served at scheduled times while adhering to health codes promulgated by the city and state agencies.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid food manager's certification permit or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Texas State Food Service Association certification preferred
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and appliances used in food preparation
- Knowledgeable in operating efficient, cost effective program
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to direct and manage personnel
- Proficiency in multi-tasking
- Competent skills in basic bookkeeping and mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years successful experience in institutional food service operations or completion of Food Service Manager’s course
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a valid food manager's certificate.
- Produce and maintain work schedules and production records.
- Direct daily activities in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Maintain food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary cafeteria, following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate reports of daily and monthly financial production and activity reports, and be responsible for the cash that is accumulated from multiple cash registers.
- Supervise and evaluate cafeteria employees, promoting employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train and mentor CN Worker I and assistant managers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Effective communication
- Concentration while performing duties
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Daily standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive hand motions
- Limited exposure to extreme hot and/or cold temperatures
Days in Contract: 183
Pay Grade: Aux 4
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)