Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Principal - High School (anticipated 2019-2020)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
Assist the secondary school principal in the overall administration of the instructional program and campus level operations; coordinate assigned student activities, services, and growth.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas principal certification
Professional Development Appraisal System appraiser certification
Effective communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills
Thorough understanding of school operations
Ability to coordinate campus support operations
Minimum of 3 years classroom teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Participate in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
2. Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts as appropriate.
3. Promote the use of technology in the teaching/learning process.
4. Promote a positive, caring learning environment.
5. Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. Communicate effectively with students, staff, and patrons.
7. Participate in the development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
8. Assist the principal to develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
9. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences for assigned staff.
10. Assist the principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff members.
Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions
11. Supervise operations in the principal’s absence.
12. Help plan daily school activities, including the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
13. Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance; work with the attendance clerk and attendance officer on follow-up investigations.
14. Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
15. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; maintain inventory records; verify receipts for materials.
16. Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill activities.
17. Coordinate transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
18. Comply with federal and state laws, SBOE rules, Board policy, and regulations.
19. Ensure that students are properly supervised throughout the school day.
20. Help develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior.
21. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
22. Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students, and staff.
Professional Growth and Development
23. Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
School and Community Relations
24. Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing goals.
25. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
26. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage parent and community involvement.
27. Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with school principal, supervising staff members as assigned.
28. Manage and utilize data effectively for systemic process and program analysis.
- Account for the accuracy and verification of all student program data and reports.
- Implement data-driven decision making for improvement efforts based on best practices.
29. Manage and utilize policy effectively for maintaining systemic processes and practices.
- Account for the verification of the correct policy regarding all decisions and correspondence.
- Implement effective policy-driven decision making.
Personal Growth and Work Habits
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Identify and encourage employees who possess leadership qualities and potential.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to maintain emotional control under stress; ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demand/Environmental Factors
Occasional district-wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Job Contact Information
Friday, August 23, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)