Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide - Structured Learning Lab (SLL)
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Assist the teacher in the Structured Learning Lab with identified students with disabilities; assist in the preparation and organization of the classroom activities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Educational Aide II Certification
- 48 college hours or passing score on Paraprofessional Exam
- Knowledge of ABA Strategies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with children
- Patience, tolerance, and flexibility
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Verifiable experience working with children, e.g., daycare, Sunday school, sports, girl/boy scouts
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Support and assist teachers with teaching duties, including attendance records, typing, preparing instructional materials.
- Reinforce appropriate behavior in accordance with teacher’s plan and assist in classroom discipline and behavior management as developed by the ARD committee and school plan.
- Assist teachers in guiding individual students or group of students in daily activities, including monitoring personal hygiene, appropriate dress, eating habits, appropriate behavior, etc., in the school setting as well as in the community.
- Supervise small groups of students in community settings.
- Contribute to a positive school climate through use of praise, encouragement, and example.
- Administer to students with severe physical handicaps by lifting, feeding, cleaning, maintaining hygiene, and any other personal services that the student requires.
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective verbal communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, occasional moderate to heavy lifting, riding school bus for community instructions; exposure to chemicals for cleaning
Days in Contract: 183
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 3
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)