Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide – Special Education Bus
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Ride buses and help driver ensure safe and orderly transportation of students with disabilities.
- None specified
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with children
- Possess common sense, patience, tolerance
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
- Ability to assist the driver in evacuating students in the event of an accident/emergency
- Verifiable experience working with children (e.g., daycare, Sunday school, sports, girls/boy scouts)
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Load and unload bus students with disabilities according to their individual needs.
- Maintain discipline and report student discipline problems to driver.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each students’ special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Communicate with school personnel and parents as needed about student behavior while on the bus.
- Maintain flexibility with student management.
- Assist driver in maintaining appropriate paperwork related to bus route and students transported.
- Assist driver in maintaining a clean bus.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintaining emotional control under stress
- Working around high noise levels
Physical Demand/Environmental Factors
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, reaching
- Heavy lifting and carrying
- Work outside and inside
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes
- Assist driver in evacuating students in the event of an accident/emergency
- A lifting amount of 20 to 50 lbs is required
Days in Contract: 183
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)