Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide - SD/PASS
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Assist the teacher in providing instruction to identified students with disabilities in a district specialized social development class
- High school diploma or GED
- Educational Aide II certification
- 48 college hours or passing score on Paraprofessional Exam
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 8 hours training in physical restraint and crises intervention
- Objective data communication
- Verifiable experience working with children (e.g., daycare, Sunday school, sports, girl/boy scouts)
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist teacher by providing instruction and behavioral interventions for assigned students.
- Responsible for use of safe procedures of physical intervention with acting-out students.
- Implement individualized provision of positive and negative reinforcement for student behaviors.
- Supervise time-out and/or isolation of students.
- Monitor and document data for student records.
- Assist in preparation of instructional materials and routine records.
- Monitor students in settings outside the special education classroom.
- Maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- May supervise classroom activities in absence of teacher.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Objective decision making under crisis conditions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Moderate to heavy lifting
- Riding school bus for community instruction
- Exposure to chemicals for cleaning
Days in Contract: 183
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 3
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)