Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide - In-School Suspension
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Assist teachers in the academic development of students; assist in the preparation and organization of classroom activities; work under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- High school diploma or GED
- Educational Aide I Certification
- 48 college hours or passing score on Paraprofessional Exam
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, teachers, parents
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Possess patience, tolerance, and flexibility
- Some verifiable experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Reinforce appropriate behavior in accordance with teacher’s plans and assist in classroom discipline and behavior management.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day inside and outside the classroom and while the teacher is out of the room.
- Assist in inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Assist in preparing, modifying, or adapting teaching materials, equipment, etc. to meet individual needs of students.
- Participate in in-service training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed
- Type materials, make copies, take attendance, record grades, set up files, file reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective verbal and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting; prolonged sitting and use of computer; repetitive hand motions.
Days in Contract: 183
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 1
Job Contact Information
Friday, October 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)