Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide - ESL
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Assist K-12 teachers in the academic development of their students; assist in the preparation and organization of the classroom activities; work under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- High school diploma or GED
- Educational Aide I certification
- 48 college hours or passing score on Paraprofessional Exam
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with children
- Patience, tolerance, and flexibility
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Some verifiable experience working with children (e.g. daycare, Sunday school, sports, girl/boy scouts)
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Reinforce appropriate behavior in accordance with teacher’s plans and assist in classroom discipline and behavior management.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, inside classroom, in the lunchroom, and outside the classroom during arrival and dismissal.
- Assist in inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in in-service training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Type materials, make copies, take attendance, record grades, set up files, file reports, make games or other manipulatives, charts, etc.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Effective communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress; ability to work with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting
Days in Contract: 183
Pay Grade: Paraprofessional 1
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)