Clear Creek Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2hr Crossing Guard
at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Provide safe crossing for students who walk to and from school.
- None specified
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated willingness to work with children
- Knowledge of or ability to learn school district policy and regulations related to safety
- Willingness to work outdoors on every school day
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum 35 pounds
- None specified
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist students in crossing the street safely without undue delay for vehicle traffic.
- Assist students in providing a safe entrance and exit to and from schools onto city streets.
- Keep equipment in good condition.
- Supply counts and reports as requested.
- Report any person loitering in the vicinity of or interfering with a guard/controller.
- Wear the uniform and safety vest at all times while on duty.
- Use stop sign at all times when stopping traffic or directing children.
- Perform the job with little or no supervision.
- Manage heavy traffic and pedestrians.
- Manage large groups of children.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
- Display proficient levels of technology applications.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Effective communication
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Standing, walking, bending, stooping
- Exposure to weather
- Ability to work in moving traffic
Days in Contract: 183
Daily Hours: 2
Pay Grade: $14.92/hr
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)