City of Pearland, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Police Officer
at City of Pearland, Texas
- 30-Jan-2019 to 14-Apr-2019 (CST)
- Pearland, TX, USA
- Cadet $19.24 hourly; Police Officer $27.58 hourly
- Full Time
As a Pearland Police Officer you will enforce all local, state, and federal laws within the City's jurisdiction in order to prevent crime and disorder and maintain the quality of life by providing a safe and peaceful environment within the City of Pearland for all its residents.
If you are interested in joining the Pearland Police Department's mission to provide professional service to the community and develop citizen partnerships to work together to enforce laws, reduce fear, and positively impact the quality of life in Pearland, you are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States; able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Be between 18 and 45 years of age at the time of the examination
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (G.E.D.) certified by the issuing agency with:
- 30 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited institute of higher learning; or
- Minimum 24 months of active duty service with an honorable discharge authenticated by a Member 2 or Member 4 Form DD-214; or
- 15 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in addition to Basic Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE; or
- An Intermediate Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). More information can be found here.
Salary and Incentives: Cadet $19.24 hourly; Police Officer $27.58 hourly.
The City of Pearland is currently offering a hiring incentive for experienced peace officers. The program offers $5,000 to candidates who are licensed peace officers in the State of Texas at the time of their appointment and who have been continuously employed by another law enforcement agency in a full-time paid patrol position for at least two (2) years. Qualified candidates must agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Incentive Program Agreement.
For more information regarding the recruiting selection process please click here. For questions regarding the application process please contact Juaquinya Dent at 281.652.1620.
Benefits: Click here for an overview of the generous benefits package offered to all full-time City employees.
Closing Date: Sunday, April 14, 2019
Test Date and Time: Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. (Doors open at 7:15 a.m. No one admitted after 7:45 a.m.)
Apply to serve: Submit applications online by visiting pearlandtx.gov/careers. Once your application is submitted, monitor your email for correspondence on the test date and procedure.
THE CITY OF PEARLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER