City of Pearland, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crew Leader - Streets & Drainage
at City of Pearland, Texas
- 06-Feb-2020 to 20-Feb-2020 (CST)
- Streets & Drainage
- Pearland, TX, USA
- $20.40 DOQ
- Full Time
Job Summary: Under general supervision, participates in and directs the activities of a crew engaged in street and drainage maintenance and repair activities including patching potholes, asphalt overlay, excavation, minor drainage work, leveling, and vegetation control.
Supervisory Functions: Performs and leads the work of four (4) employees in the Street Crew. Carries out basic responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, appraising, making recommendations for discipline; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Regular and timely attendance at work.
- Perform various semi-skilled and unskilled duties such as patching streets and loading and unloading materials.
- Investigate citizen or customer complaints or requests for service and respond to emergency calls.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive instructions.
- Inspect streets, alleys, and drainage facilities to determine maintenance needs
- Inspect and service equipment daily by checking tires, lights, brakes, gas, water, oil, hydraulic coolant, fittings, diesel, grease, and perform other minor repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Operate and perform minor repair and maintenance on tractors, mowers, power hand tools and other equipment, as needed.
- May be assigned to operate specialized equipment such as gradall excavator, backhoe/front loader, Zipper milling machine.
- Serves as "essential personnel" and is required to remain available for immediate call-in due to any natural or man made disaster, or any other event the Public Works Director or City Manager deem necessary.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Must participate in call-out rotation of Streets & Drainage Department; take home vehicle is not guaranteed.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in maintenance or construction work, including some operation of light motorized equipment and working with asphalt, required.
- Valid, class "A" CDL with "N" Endorsement required