City of Pasadena, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utility Worker I - Water Distribution
at City of Pasadena, Texas
- 11-Oct-2019 to 10-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Water Distribution
- Pasadena, TX, USA
- $28,979.12 - $43,468.68
- Full Time
Duties Working with co-workers as a team in installation of water lines, insertion of taps on water lines, installation of new water meters, installation and repairs of fire hydrants and any other assigned duties
Must be able to obtain and maintain, without interruption, all necessary licenses, certifications, clearances, and/or job requirements.
Works the assigned schedule and complies with the City's timekeeping and attendance policy.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. Valid Texas driver's license and good driving record.
The City of Pasadena offers very generous benefits to all full-time employees. For example:
- Employee-only medical insurance starts as low as $15 per month and the most expensive Employee & Family plan is less than $350 per month.
- The City has its own medical clinic staffed with a M.D. and two medical assistants. Employees and their covered dependents over the age of 5 can visit the clinic FREE OF CHARGE.
- Employees and their covered dependents also have access to Virtual Visits with a medical professional FREE OF CHARGE.
- The City offers college tuition reimbursement of up to $3,500 per year.
- As an employee, you will contribute a portion of your salary each pay-period towards your retirement and the City will match your contribution by 200%. Example, if you contribute $100, the City will contribute $200.
- Civilian employees accumulate vacation at the following rates:
- Less than 6 years of service - two weeks of vacation per year.
- From 6 to less than 11 years of service - three weeks of vacation per year.
- From 11 to less than 21 years of service four weeks of vacation per year.
- From 21 to less than 26 years of service five weeks of vacation per year.
- From 26 years of service and up six weeks of vacation per year.