City of Keller
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Leader - Childcare
at City of Keller
$10.00 per hour
The Keller Pointe
# of Openings:
SCHEDULE: Part-time; hours not to exceed 19 per week.
- AM shifts: between the hours of Mon. - Fri. 7:45am-12:30pm OR
- PM shifts: between the hours of Mon. - Fri. 3:45pm-8:00pm and Sat. 7:45am-12:30pm
NOTE: This is NOT a seasonal position. This is a regular, year-round part-time position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: open till filled
Under direct supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Leader assists in the coordination and instruction of recreation programs, child care room, day camps, activities, events, and athletics including implementing recreation and athletic programs. This is accomplished by monitoring instructors and program participants of the Recreation Division’s programs at City facilities. Other duties include administrative support, on-site supervision and instruction of programs and/or athletics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the coordination of athletic, child care room and recreation programs, opening, cleaning, and securing recreational facilities, organizing materials and supplies needed for activities, monitoring program participants and instructors, supervise children in the child care room, day camps, athletics and special events.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to staff by assisting in scheduling facilities, taking reservations, collecting fees, and providing receipts.
- Lead, supervise and conduct athletic, child care room and recreation program classes and activities.
- Supervise children properly and respond immediately during emergencies, including administering first aid as necessary.
- Properly clean, disinfect, and maintain all recreation equipment and play surfaces.
- Effectively communicate with children, parents/guardians, and the public.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the City and facility. This includes wearing appropriate attire and nametag.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all members and guests. Greet members and guests by name.
- Adhere to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, verbal instructions, etc.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support all youth, volunteer, civic and cultural activities in which the City participates.
- Arrive to work on time as scheduled, in the appropriate work attire.
- The ability to work various shifts, including days, evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or working towards high school diploma or GED.
- 3 months full time or 6 months part time experience supervising children ages 6 months – 12 years old in recreation and/or educational programs. Previous summer camp experience preferred.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current Ellis & Assoc. or American Red Cross Adult/Child CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications or the ability to obtain upon employment offer.
- Ability to motivate and maintain a positive atmosphere, and if necessary, use positive disciplinary techniques.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and a safe driving record.
- No visible tattoos or unnatural hair color. No piercings to be worn visible during shift.
- Non-smoker preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require physical exertion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to grasp, handle, feel, type, listen, hear, reach, see, speak, walk, sit, and stand for long periods. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, carry, lift up to 75lbs, read documents and a computer screen. Work is generally performed outdoors in extreme heat and indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
If you are a new user, click "Apply for this position" to complete an online application.