City of Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FINANCIAL ANALYST III
at City of Houston
- POSITION OVERVIEW
Applications Accepted from: All Persons Interested
Reporting Location: 2100 Travis, Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Department of Housing and Community Development (HCDD) seeks to create a city in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD seeks to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout. Since Hurricane Harvey, HCDD is managing more than one billion dollars that are dedicated to helping low and moderate-income families recover.
To achieve this vision, HCDD is seeking a Financial Analyst III to join its team. In this position, you will manage the daily cash receipts and perform project reconciliations of one or more grants, including Federal, State and/or Local funding.
- Responsible for processing financial document requests such as expenditure corrections, interdepartmental charge backs, and other journal entries.
- Process Cash Receipt transactions to ensure revenues are recorded timely.
- Prepare the Housing Community Development Department monthly bank reconciliation.
- Perform project reconciliation of Federal, State and Local funding.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Detail Oriented: Job requires a high level of organizational, time management and prioritizing skills, attention to detail, innovative problem solving and critical thinking
- Motivated: A self-starter able to work under tight deadlines remaining positive and organized while working in cross functional teams throughout the City
- Computer Literate: Experience in SAP is preferred. Must be highly skilled in Excel and able to create and generate reports in Word and Access. Must be fluent in MS Office Suite.
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. There are occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less-than optimal temperature and air conditions.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Four years of professional experience in finance, economics, budget analysis or a closely related area are required.
A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the above experience requirement.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong SAP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- GENERAL INFORMATION
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment relevant to job description.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION No
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 21
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: http://www.www.houstontx.gov
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call 832.393.6090; TTY 7-1-1.