City of Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DEPUTY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (EXE LEV) - ENERGY
at City of Houston
- POSITION OVERVIEW
PN# 22903: DEPUTY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (EXE LEV) - ENERGY
Workdays & Hours: M - F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*
*Subject to change
The Financial Planning & Analysis Division's (FP&A) mission is to improve the City's financial position by providing recommendations based on comprehensive financial planning and analysis. Our vision is to transform the way City leaders make decision on the allocation of financial resources by focusing on the expected results and outcomes of City services and programs.
Under the general direction from the Deputy Director, the Deputy Assistant Director is responsible for the management of the City's energy portfolio. This portfolio includes utility contracts such as electricity, solar and natural gas. Additionally, this position will oversee the fuel contract to ensure continuity across all energy related fields. The goal of this position is to control and ultimately reduce the City's overall consumption which leads to lower costs.
- Develop energy saving targets and identify future energy saving opportunities
- Verify realized and future savings
- Monitor Citywide consumption and make recommendations based on analysis
- Remain abreast of market trends, analysis and pricing
- Make budget recommendations based on pricing trends
- Recommend feasible Demand Side Management (DSM) programs
- Participate in ERCOT Emergency Response Service (ERS) program and/or other load shed programs
- Manage electricity, Natural Gas, and fuel contracts and maintain regular communication with Retail Electric Provider (REP) and Natural Gas utilities
- Prepare training sessions for staff
- Work closely with departments to secure building audits
- Develop utility budgets and projections
- Manage energy team
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field.
EXPERIENCEA Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the work being performed may be substituted for two years of experience.
Seven years of progressively more complex/responsible administrative experience are required, with at least three of the years in a supervisory capacity.
Preference will be give to applicants that possess:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification
- A working knowledge of cost and saving studies and incorporating energy conservation measures
- Proficiency with energy analysis tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with city personnel, contractors, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
- GENERAL INFORMATION
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED None.
However, the Department may administer a skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION No
This position is not subject to random drug testing if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 30
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832) 393-6069.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832) 393-6069. (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.