CITY OF GARLAND TEXAS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEMP - General Admin I
at CITY OF GARLAND TEXAS
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Customer Service
- USD $11.91/Hr.
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- Temporary Part-Time
- Job Code Category
** Applying to Temporary Pool openings does not guarantee full-time employment with the City of Garland. **
Responsible for providing administrative support to assigned department management and staff and carrying out administrative responsibilities as established through departmental needs.
- Temporary positions will be available on an as-needed basis
- Department, hours and shifts will vary per assignment (part-time, full-time, etc.)
- All temporary employees must pass a background check and drug screen
- Temporary workers are not eligible for any City benefits
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative and business support as well as data entry.
- Respond to citizen and City personnel inquiries through answering telephone calls, e-mails or face-to-face communication and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare and maintain office records, reports and correspondence.
- Archive documents and records by scanning into electronic format.
- Collect and organize data for projects.
- Record, transcribe and distribute various documentation.
** The essential duties and responsibilities will vary per assignment.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
•2 years related experience
•Type at least 40 words per minute
•Proficient in Microsoft Office
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- Up to 1 year advanced study or training beyond the high school level
- 2 years administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously handle a variety of administrative tasks
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Intermediate skills in MS Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge in MS PowerPoint and Outlook
- Assignments may require additional skills and experience
- Ability to adapt to various working environments
Licenses & Certifications
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions