City of Friendswood, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Friendswood, Texas
- 11-Feb-2019 to 12-May-2019 (CST)
- Friendswood, TX, USA
- $29.92 - $33.74
- Full Time
The City of Friendswood is currently hiring for full-time PEACE OFFICERS, with the Police Department. The successful candidates will be responsible for the performance of routine patrol, crisis intervention and preliminary criminal investigations in an active, problem-solving partnership with the community. Applicants must demonstrate good human relation skills and be able to work well with all segments of the public.
Applicants must meet only ONE of the following requirements:
- TCOLE Certified;
- Enrolled in a TCOLE accredited entry-level program (police academy);
- 3 years of Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge; or
- Possess 60 accredited college hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
* New hires not certified will be classified as Cadet and will receive an annual salary of $42,000.00 while attending the academy. Upon graduating the academy and passing the TCOLE Licensing Exam, the employee will receive a change in status to peace officer and pay will be adjusted to $60,775 annually.
Peace Officer Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, TMRS Retirement - 7% with 2 to 1 match (20 year retirement), 14 paid Holidys, 3 Personal Days, 15 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, Military Leave, Overtime or Comp-Time; Academic Incentive Pay - Associates $1200/year, Bachelors $1800/year, Masters $2400/year, TCOLE Certification Pay - Intermediate $2100/year, Master $3300/year, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Longevity Pay.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM EMAIL ACCOUNT FOR FOLLOW UP EMAILS REGARDING INFORMATION ON HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR BACKGROUND PACKET