City of Brenham
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee
at City of Brenham
- Wastewater Treatment
- PG 13 $27,310.40 - $37,460.80
- Full Time
- 13 - $27,310.40 - $37,460.80
Under supervision, operates, monitors, and maintains plant, equipment, and surrounding grounds associated with the treatment of city wastewater.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Under supervision of plant operator, operates, monitors, and maintains wastewater treatment plant and equipment, including washing and lubricating pumps, replacing worn parts, inspecting collection system and treatment units, checking safety equipment, and oiling, greasing, and painting equipment;
• Under supervision of plant operator, picks up weekly monitoring samples required for Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) permits;
• Under supervision of plant operator, sets up and runs daily and weekly monitoring tests on solids;
• Under supervision of plant operator, runs belt press to extract water from sludge;
• Under supervision of plant operator, hauls and transfers sludge from wastewater treatment plant to landfill;
• Under supervision of plant operator, assists with changing out chlorine and sulfur dioxide cylinders; and
• Maintains grounds at wastewater plant, including mowing grass.
This is a non-supervisory position.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduation or its equivalent; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Texas driver's license; ability to obtain Texas commercial driver's license Class B within 90 days of hire; and ability to obtain Class C wastewater certificate within three years.