City of Bellaire
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Camp Counselor
at City of Bellaire
Pay: up to $8.50/hour
$8.5 - $
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 1655264
Categories: Education - ALL, Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, Education - Support Staff
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
- Work with your Group Leader and other Group Counselors to ensure campers are supervised at all times. This includes group management and organization during lunchtime, camp arrival, camp dismissal and o? campus ?eld trips.
- Be a role model to campers and sta? in your attitude and behavior.
- Identify and report camper concerns or disciplinary issues to your group leader in a timely fashion.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in all activities. Engage in Specialist activities providing assistance and support in activities such as swimming lessons, arts & crafts, sports instruction, ?tness and outdoor.
- Assist your Group Leader by planning activities for your group and encouraging camper participation.
- Assist your group leader and counselor to ensure safety policies are followed at all times.
- Ensure that program areas are kept free of hazards and debris.
- Report hazards or noticeable facility damage to the Camp Coordinators and Bellaire Parks & Recreation Sta? immediately.
- Attend all mandatory camp sta? meetings and training events.
- Perform other duties as requested or required, whether or not speci?cally mentioned in this job description.
- Examples of Duties
See above description.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 16 years of age
- Must be CPR/AED & First Aid Certi?ed or have the ability to become certi?ed before June 3, 2019
- We do provide training if needed
- Supplemental Information
- Prefer at least one year experience working with children.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!