Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commodities Middle Office and Operations Control Officer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19014138
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Line Control Officer (“LCO”) for NAM Commodities MO/Ops is responsible for working with various levels of management (local, Regional, Global Head) to assist in ensuring Business Unit is well controlled and in compliance with control-related policies and procedures. The job responsibilities support control activities for Commodities MO/Ops, which includes leading, and coordinating with Operations, ORM, Compliance, Internal Audit and other stakeholders to deliver all required Operations Control functions. This includes proactively identifying and assessing risks and controls, evaluating and reporting significant control events, interfacing with internal and external audit examiners, and advising on corrective action plans. The individual must maintain strong relationships within the organization to effectively influence changes that improves the control environment.
- Provide intellectual leadership on internal controls and formulate and implement the department's internal Control program in accordance with MCA and ICG O&T framework
- Lead control monthly control forum with Operations Management to review and assess the overall control environment and any required remediation. This includes the documentation of key internal control issues identified by the participants, together with leading the discussion and identification of possible actions to strengthen their controls.
- MCA Program Management and Coordination – Work with MCA partners to assist in the coordination of firm-wide initiatives, proactive identification of control issues; monitoring of MCA issues; and consistency of MCA execution. Report on the periodic review of control effectiveness by organizational units throughout the Organization and monitor the completion of internal control enhancement plans
- Issue/CAP Management – work with staff and Operations management to identify areas of concern and related risks; develop corrective action plans for significant issues; assess relevance of issues across all regions; monitor and report resolution progress including periodic reviews with management; review support and ensure it adequately addresses closure of the issue; and proactive involvement in business meetings and walkthroughs to identify other control issues
- Examination Preparedness and Support – work with Operations management to schedule and monitor process walkthroughs; conduct focused review sessions prior to examinations; assist with deliverables; ensure status meetings are conducted during formal reviews to track progress and issue updates; and work with management to ensure responses to all findings are complete, have appropriate owners and target dates, and address compensating controls
- Complete "deep dive" reviews as identified by control organization or requested by coverage area management. Evaluate processes to ensure that internal controls are implemented and risks are mitigated related to Operations functions, corporate policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Requires in depth understanding of Commodities operations and/or Risk and Control experience and knowledge. Minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Understanding of Control Functions and Operational Risk. Further, in-depth knowledge of Front-to-Back processes and the ability to be highly analytical regarding evaluation of risk & controls
- Expertise in establishing and implementing control environments and programs. A record of success in building, servicing, and supporting strategic and tactical initiatives and projects to enhance the operational framework
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity