Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Control Manager
- Requisition #
- # of Openings
This position: (a.) operates as a "control officer" of the Company under the supervision of the Manager Financial Reporting, Internal Control, & Technical Accounting; (b.) leads implementation of the requirements of COSO 2013 along with SOX controls over financial reporting and manages change of the Company's existing financial reporting internal control framework; (c.) examines existing system and business processes and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies while maintaining internal contorl effectiveness; (d.) review, recommend solutions and monitor the implementation of changes required by annual process walk-throughs and internal control testing; and (e.) coordinates and deliver training for control owners on their responsibilities and control tester expectations.
Degree: College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 5 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Master's degree (preferred).
- Current CPA license required.
- National or major regional public accounting firm experience at the senior or manager level required.
- Internal control implementation and testing (highly preferred).
- Petroleum, chemical or process industrial exposure through audit or direct employment (preferred).
- At least 5 to 8 years' of public accounting, internal audit, or accounting experience.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization without formal authority and work closely with Executive Management.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity.
- Appetite for leadership.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills (required).
- End-user information systems experience (preferred).
- Plan and execute annual internal control testing program (business process and general IT controls). Responsibilities include performance of financial statements scoping, risk assessment procedures, control testing (design and implementation), and deficiency assessments & remediation testing (as necessary).
- Identify process & control improvement opportunities within the accounting and financial reporting processes and assist in implementation thereof. Implementation activities may require coordination of departments/personnel reporting outside of Controllership.
- Supervise and mentor employees and/or contractors towards the achievement of responsibilities identified above.
- Assist in non-routine projects, such as: (i) control implementation resulting from adoption of new IT systems, business activities, or accounting guidance or (ii) resolution of internal audit findings.
- Coordinate and deliver training for control owners on their responsibilities (as necessary).
- Administer Company-wide SAP segregation of duty reviews (as necessary). Administration requires use of SAP and SAP GRC software.
- Administer management review and publication of Corporate Policies & Procedures.