Citgo Petroleum Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Citgo Petroleum Corporation
This position is responsible for analysis and reporting of payroll data that promote continuous process improvements and reduction of process inefficiencies and make recommended changes, if needed. This position is responsible for supporting all areas of the payroll process, as assigned, to ensure payrolls are processed timely/accurately. Collaborate with payroll staff/business partners to resolve payroll related issues. This position remains updated on company policies, key controls, tax laws and regulations changes, etc. to ensure CITGO remains in compliance. Position will post complex journal entries and complete general ledger account reconciliations.
- Extract and analyze payroll data to streamline compliance with regulations of SOX, key controls, company policies, and other regulatory mandates. Develop, implement and maintain key metrics to identify areas at risk of non-compliance and provide recommended improvements. Eliminate and/or minimize the risk of penalty and interest assessments for payroll tax deposits completing a detailed analysis following each payroll to confirm all payroll tax deposits have been captured and remitted for payment. Complete a detailed reconciliation of tax related general ledger and vendor accounts, as it relates to payment confirmation, to confirm all tax related deposits have been remitted timely and accurately.
- Analyze to determine the correct data for processing regular and off-cycle payrolls. Review and determine completeness and accuracy of data entered by other areas.
- Research issues, analyze data and develop recommendations to resolve issues and assess improvement needs for current payroll practices. Take appropriate measures to mitigate risks of non-compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of the payroll processing system, changes in compliance laws and company policies to ensure compliance with companys wages and policies, payroll principles, IRS and multi-state law withholding regulations.
- Compile and analyze payroll data, prepare journal entries, and reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts with analysis of data.
- Provide detailed support and analysis to ensure payroll taxes are correct and processed timely.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements for controls and financial accuracy. Prepare audit support and work directly with companys external auditors as needed.
- Detailed analysis on an ad hoc basis for assigned projects.
Skill / Requirements
Degree: College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 3 years with a Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of college and work experience.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Knowledge of full-cycle payroll.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous general accounting experience (2+ yrs preferred).
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and accounting/payroll software programs.
- Professional communication skills; interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, detail orientations and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Team oriented yet able to work independently.