Circuit of the Americas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Parking & Transportation
at Circuit of the Americas
- TX, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Parking & Transportation will identify, coordinate and execute the transportation plans and procedures for various events at Circuit of The Americas. Events include, but are not limited to motorsport races, Bold soccer matches, concerts, festivals and private rentals. This position will report to the EVP of Operations.
- Plan and implement on-site parking operations. This includes ingress/egress planning, staffing plans, signage, lighting, hiring temp workers, and on-site coordination with event managers.
- Identify, secure and coordinate off-site parking locations and plans for major events.
- Pre-event planning of venue layout, parking lot designations while working alongside sales on the monetization of these parking lots per event.
- Coordinate all equipment and resources needed for each event. This includes guest shuttles, staff shuttles, shuttle drivers, service vehicles needed, parking attendants, officers, and FF&E needs such as tents, restrooms, and light towers.
- Manage the relationships with all existing transportation contractors and possibly identify new contractors.
- Working with finance department on annual budgets, reforecasting, and post event reports.
- Negotiate all contractual agreements with partners and suppliers related to all events.
- Manage all transportation contractors' implementation of services. Ensure they are providing agreed upon services and a guest experience consistent with COTA's brand as a world-class facility.
- Manage on-site signage plan for events, working in conjunction with other internal stakeholders. Use of electronic message boards or permanent signs to direct vehicles during ingress and egress.
- Coordinate off-site directional signage with partners such as TxDOT and TRP.
- Coordinate and execute transportation plans for major events with traffic engineers and city/state officials.
- Create and implement the overall Transportation Management Plan (TMP) for major events. This includes coordination with bus/limo/taxi operators, working with city, state and county officials, entrepreneurial parking lots and land owners. Assist with on-site ADA services.
- Work closely with VP of facilities on parking lot improvements and maintenance throughout the year.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous transportation improvement opportunities, as well as guest satisfaction improvement opportunities.
- Compile information for staff trainings, including examples of all event related tickets/passes/permits/credentials.
- Establish pricing levels for events in conjunction with sales.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Event parking experience is a major plus.
- Ability to manage:
- Temporary work force
- Communicate with full time staff on schedule and parking design.
- Confidence when working with both internal and external contacts.
- Polished and articulate with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) with web-based resources and internet research a plus.
- Must possess quality leadership and teamwork attitude.
- Must possess great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and comfortable jumping in to handle new duties as they arise.
- Self-starter, motivated and possesses the ability to make things happen.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 - 5 years of experience in parking and transportation planning for major events is preferred
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work extended hours during events (18-20 hours per day) in any weather elements
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud.