Circuit of the Americas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Facilities
at Circuit of the Americas
- TX, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Facilities is responsible for ongoing maintenance of the Circuit of The Americas (COTA) venue. Emphasis is placed on managing, hiring, training & directing a quality staff that efficiently and cost effectively operates the facilities on the grounds. The Director of Facilities reports to the Vice President of Facilities.
- Day to day management of COTA's 1400-acre facility.
- The Director of facilities will be responsible for the inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results.
- The successful candidate will oversee the company's facility daily facility staff including, grounds maintenance, manage 3rd party janitorial staff, manage office moves, painting, and field shop management.
- This position will have knowledge of compliance of local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinate with Circuit of the Americas staff to ensure successful event planning and execution.
- Develop and manage personnel staff and duties as required for day to day department operations and requirements per event.
- Control and assess labor, hours, efficiency, productivity investigating anomalies.
- Assist in the development of departmental budget for yearly operations and develop procurement procedures.
- Adhere to department budget for yearly operations.
- Assist Circuit of the Americas in developing circuit operating policies and health & safety procedures.
- Supervise maintenance staff and oversee all new hiring and HR related items.
- Schedule temporary staff and third party vendors as they relate to job specific details (housekeeping, trash etc.).
- Work with Amphitheater Production Manager and operational staff on day-to-day music amphitheater operations, with specific oversight of non-music staffing and operations.
- Integrate facility activities with event operations to ensure the successful execution of all events at the Circuit of The Americas. Assist in preparing for large non-Formula One Grand Prix events at the venue as well as a variety of smaller events ensuring a high utilization rate of the facility.
- Oversee and manage temporary labor crew.
- Prepares and presents information concerning operational effectiveness and service levels to upper management.
- Oversee all shipping, receiving, purchasing and responsible for entering data in Netsuite.
- Maintain and operate the warehouse, facilities shop build out, inventory and equipment with control program.
- Facilitate new hire process with HR including interviews, drug/background screens, security badges, scheduling through ABI, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Hires outstanding candidates; has sound judgment in identifying strengths and weaknesses of others
- Drives the team and the organization for results in order to improve bottom line performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation
- Ability to make tough decisions, gains input from others and moves decisions forward in the organization
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow
- Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years experience with a thorough knowledge of motorsport industry standards preferably with a major event (ISC, SMI, Indy Car, NHRA, Grand Am).
- Experience with large scale temporary facilities, complementary to permanent facilities for an event with over 75K guests, a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, push/pull
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud during events
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.