Circuit of the Americas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Circuit of the Americas
- TX, USA
- Full Time
The Circuit of the Americas (COTA) operations team is seeking a designer proficient in AutoCAD and/or other related design software capabilities. The individual will assist the Operations team with layouts for the facility and events. Individual will need to perform some field work in conjunction with the needs directed by COTA personnel.
- Work with COTA Operations team to create layouts for the facility, events and day-to-day operations
- Develops complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge.
- Fulfill requests as directed by designated COTA personnel.
- Ensures that drawings conform to applicable industry standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures
- Layouts are mostly conceptual and not for construction or manufacturing.
- Ensure layouts are maintained in a timely fashion
- Responsible for maintenance of CAD library and overall Master Facility file
- Assisting Project Managers with regards to layout document management for multiple projects.
- Assisting in development and drafting of CAD details for project design documents.
- Participating in project document review and preparing the necessary revision correspondence for distribution.
- Assist with quantity and cost estimates
- Assist with field work
- Assisting in preparing design document packages
- Document research and field investigation
- Consults with senior peers on certain projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
POSITION COMPETENCIES - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; Visualize a concept from 2D to 3D.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; uses resources effectively
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date; Must be excellent with PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, email, web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Design - Translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension.
- Cooperation - Offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.Quantity - Strives to increase productivity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient ability with AutoCAD (or similar software) Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Earth.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to take ownership of certain functional aspects.
- General understanding of maps and good sense of directional awareness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.