Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed SMS Technician-CS3
at Chenega Corporation
Job Reference #: 1900000505
CHENEGA SECURITY & SUPPORT SOLUTIONS
Company Job Title:
Licensed SMS Technician
Chenega Job Title:
Electronic Technician Maintenance I
Johnson Space Center- Houston, TX
Chief of Security/Deputy Chief of Security
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
- The Licensed SMS Technician will support the NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington Field and Sonny Carter Training Facility and provide support for electronic systems. The technician will be a LENEL certified professional or Legacy Master/Emerald certified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer and design access control systems
- Program and install access control systems
- Program and install IP based cameras
- Maintain and repair access control systems
- Maintain and repair cameras
- Develop ROMs for NASA OEM
- Maintain Auto Cad drawing database
- Perform daily system tests
- Order hardware and material for new systems
- Maintain support stock levels
- Install multimedia systems as required
- Fabricate new cable assemblies as needed
- Build up and test new LENEL panels
- Build up and test new hardware
- Perform fiber optic systems maintenance
- Install automatic gate control systems
- Provide support for ISS systems operations
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Must have 5-7 years of prior related work experience
- Must have or obtain a LCP certification by completing at a minimum the LGE-Core and LGE-Access Courses
- Current LENEL OnGuard Master Certification
- Axis Camera certified
- Lift Truck Certified
- Asbestos work certified
- Confined Space Certified
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School diploma
- Current, valid state driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communicator and be able to communicate in writing
Physical Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.