Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Faculty (Full-Time) - Pearland, TX
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you have the opportunity to be that professor at an institution where our mission is to provide extraordinary care for students. Every day you can create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student's life forever.
As part of our Nursing Faculty, you’ll inspire our motivated students to realize their educational and career goals while you enjoy competitive compensation, an extraordinary benefits package that includes up to $50,000 in doctoral program reimbursement, plus strong mentorship programs and numerous opportunities for career growth. From individual instructor support and student-led study groups to diverse clinicals and career networking opportunities, the community shares a common goal: to give each other the care we need to succeed and make a difference by transforming healthcare.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply today.
Due to increased enrollment at our Pearland campus, we are seeking to fill a full-time faculty position to teach our Medical-Surgical nursing courses and to assist with covering other courses such as: Fundamentals, Health Assessment, Transition to Nursing; and Adult Health. You may also need to cover clinical and thus be available and willing to cover a night shift or weekend shift, if needed.
Evidence-Based Teaching/ Learning and Master Instruction
- Takes responsibility for program outcomes by implementing the College’s philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through classroom, online, clinical teaching, and service to College, community, health system and profession.
- Develops curricular/teaching innovations in the annual preparation and revision of all assigned course(s).
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Monitors clinical agencies for appropriateness for student clinical experiences and ability to meet clinical course outcomes.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct/ indirect supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- In cooperation with clinical agencies and college departments, provides oversight for clinical preceptors/ mentors for student clinical experiences and coordinates and evaluates those preceptors/ mentors.
- Provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course outcomes.
- Provides student remediation within assigned courses.
- Communicates up-to-date information about agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Posts developed clinical assignments consistent with student’s knowledge base, skill competency and learning needs.
Professional Role Model/ Chamberlain University Care
- Serves as a positive professional role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development.
- Serves as a role model/ mentor for other faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence and general professionalism
- Mentors new faculty members.
Commitment to Professional Nursing
- Participates in professional activities outside the College
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs and the philosophy of the College.
- Participates in academic advisement and counseling for an assigned group of students while participating in assessment of potential and real counseling concerns for all students with whom the faculty come into contact.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within the College.
- Provides opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum and teaching and program effectiveness.
- Provides recommendations to the program coordinator regarding budget needs for the college.
- A faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor demonstrates basic leadership within the College by accepting or initiating, as part of the workload, responsibility for activities such as:
- Chairing or serving on College committees
- Chairing and/ or serving on work groups that contribute to preparation for accreditation visits
- Gathering and analyzing data related to Systematic Evaluation Plan
- Serving as course coordinator
- Documenting actions taken in faculty and committee meetings as appropriate
Nursing Practice Expertise
- Demonstrates scholarship through the Scholarship of Teaching, Discovery, Application, or Integration congruent with expectations of assigned rank.
- Demonstrates a practice of scholarly teaching characterized by keeping course materials and content current, applying principles of evidence based teaching, participating in and welcoming peer review of teaching, and reflection on one’s own teaching.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required
- Doctorate preferred
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Experientially prepared to teach assigned courses
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience working in a clinical setting
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience required with at least 2 years of previous teaching experience ranked in the position of Instructor
- Flexibility and openness to teaching a variety of courses; and clinicals
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
- Maintenance of current regulatory and practice credentials, when appropriate, based on assignment
- Must meet all compliance requirements as specified in the Faculty Handbook
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. Chamberlain University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC, www.hlcommission.org). For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States.