Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemistry Faculty (part-time)
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain College of Nursing is pleased to announce new part time teaching opportunities in Chemistry in our undergraduate BSN program at our campus in Houston, TX. Join us as we educate and empower extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform healthcare worldwide!
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful professional you are today? Now you have the unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a student's life forever. As part of our faculty team, you’ll inspire our motivated students to realize their educational and career goals.
The subject matter under consideration is Chemistry. The typical course of instruction may include:
Introduction to General, Organic & Biological Chemistry with Lab (CHEM-120)
This is a survey course that covers the lower division chemistry disciplines of general and organic chemistry and introduces the upper division discipline of biochemistry. The general chemistry section of the course seeks to build an understanding of basic chemical processes and states of matter by starting with the definition of matter and progressing through the atom, molecules, intermolecular interactions, chemical equations, and accounting. The organic chemistry section presents the major categories of organic compounds, including saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons and oxygen- and nitrogen-containing compounds. In the biochemistry portion, students are exposed to the four majorbiological macromolecules with some coverage of enzymes and the central dogma of biology. Lab exercises relate to topics discussed.
The face-to-face interaction in lab and classroom is blended with technology (such as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
PLEASE NOTE: CLASSES MEET DURING WEEKDAY HOURS.
There are additional potential opportunities for candidates interested in teaching Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiology.
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching nursing students in a dynamic classroom/lab setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College’s Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Participate in curriculum development discussions, support campus events including orientation and graduation, open houses
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Earned a master's or doctorate degree in Chemistry or very closely-related field with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in Chemistry
- Have taught or been told you’re a “natural” at teaching and helping others learn
- Possess genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way
- Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States