Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Campus President is the chief administrator of the campus and reports to the Senior Director of Campus Operations. The position is responsible for providing the strategic direction and leadership to successfully achieve academic and operational goals. . The Campus President is the lead ambassador in the local community and commits adequate time to advancing campus goals. And, the Campus President builds a campus community culture characterized by Chamberlain Care.
- Talent Management. Oversee and support all aspects of talent management for the entire campus. Hire, develop, empower, motivate, driving and retain strong talent. Ensure team members have the resources they need to do their jobs.
- Functional Leadership. Provide overall leadership to the campus, its staff and programs in order to meet and/or exceed growth expectations set forth by the institution. Either directly or indirectly through the DAA and Campus Operations Leader, oversee activities within Admissions. Oversee activities within Admissions, Financial Aid, Finance, Academics, Career Services and other areas on campus. Establish efficient and effective organizational structures and reporting relationships.
- Student Focus. Ensure students are provided with strong faculty, programs and service for an exceptional education and campus experience. Commitment and focus on overseeing and ensuring high educational standards, strong student outcomes, student inclusion and high levels of student satisfaction.
- Work closely with finance department and the campus leadership operations. Own the campus P&L to assure that campus meets or exceeds budgeted revenue and operating income and remains profitable. Ensure that the campus is on track financially with goals and, when not, proactively inform others of current or anticipated financial issues. Actively monitor and reduce expenses.
- Campus Growth and Sustainment. Participate in local campus strategic planning processes and define aligned campus strategies. Work with team to assess the market, employment and market data and conduct market research to understand local needs, interests and employment activity. Develop local campus goals and associated action plans to achieve them.
- Oversee Student Life Cycle. Develop and implement strategies for attracting new students. Ensure that students are being accepted with a reasonable probability of success. Monitor and work with others to optimize student enrollments, start rates, show rates, re-enters, retention levels, graduation and key employment data.
- Change Management. Serve as a champion of change and motivate others to participate. Bring faculty and staff together with a focus on shared goals and team building. Establish a clear and visible presence throughout the campus and stay in touch with “the pulse” of activity. Consistently look for opportunities to determine what can be improved and what should be discontinued.
- External Outreach and Relations. Stay abreast of national and local news, legislation and events. Establish strong, positive networks, executive presence, and connections with local community members, accreditation agencies, employers, politicians and legislators. Serve on advisory boards, local councils and connect with local charities.
- Oversee Compliance. Develop a high-level understanding of regulatory and accreditation requirements. Stay abreast of key regulatory, accreditation, legal and legislative developments and assure compliance at all times. Establish a culture of compliance with very clear expectations and consequences for deviating. Oversee institutional assessments and internal audits and compliance within all areas and functions. Ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that all activities within the school are conducted in an ethical and fully professional.
- Maintain Policies and Standards. Establish, review, maintain and implement campus standards. Drive alignment and improvement in academic and operational effectiveness for the campus through standardization in processes and academic programs. Ensure that policies and procedures from all levels of the institution are followed.
- National and Campus Liaison. Work collaboratively with the national directors in executing national processes and policies that apply to the campus. Ensure parent organization and institution communications are disseminated to local faculty, staff and students. Collaborate with other campuses on problem solving, understanding best practices and developing potential synergies.
- Ensure a safe and functional environment for staff, students and visitors. Ensure that the equipment and facilities needs of classrooms and the staff and faculty are met. Partner with other leaders at co-locations.
- Culture Ambassador. Cultivates a student-centric campus culture distinguished by the TEACH values and Chamberlain Care. Drive the expected culture and lead by example reflecting optimism, a strong work ethic and unwavering, positive values and ethics
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or a multi-state licensure privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State
- Master’s degree in nursing and associated expertise from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated and sustained, successful leadership and operational experience with budget responsibility
- A strong record of accomplishment
- Passion for education
- After-hours availability
- Familiar with working in a matrixed environment
- Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration
- Experience in educational administration
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience overseeing multiple functions
- Experience in proprietary education, consulting or healthcare
- Breadth of high-level knowledge in different functional areas (e.g., Admissions, Academics, Career Services, Finance, Financial Aid, Compliance)
- Experience working with community leaders and politicians
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
Other Skills as Noted
- Global Mindset: Embrace cultural diversity; think beyond the immediate environment and sphere of influence.
- Stakeholder Perspective: Consider issues and solve problems from the standpoint of others and involves others in a process, change or decision to ensure support.
- Strategic Agility: The ability to notice trends and develop plans and solutions to prepare for opportunities
- Collaboration: Find common ground and solve problems in the best interest of all.
- Results Focused: Take ownership and accountability; seize opportunities and drive change.
- People and Team Leadership: Create strong followership and a feeling of belonging and community
- Emotional Intelligence: A high sense of self-awareness, able to relate well to others, and effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Critical Thinking: Recognize assumptions, separate fact from opinion, evaluate arguments and draw conclusions to decide a course of action.
- Deductive Reasoning: Can take much information and connect the dots to synthesize it and then provide a specific solution.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States