Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director Admissions
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Under general supervision assists in the management of a team of Advisors. Responsible for the implementation of student recruitment strategies and the management of training resources available to Advisors. Assists in the execution of the business plan, the control of expenses and other managerial functions, as needed. Responsible for working with future students. Responsible for all phases of the Admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment. Resolves most complex enrollment questions and problems.
- Assists and leads in the development, direction and coordination of Advisor team activities in working with students
- Provides input and recommendation to management on staffing
- In conjunction with management, ensures that objectives, plans, budgets,policies, practices and actions are consistent with the overall for the
- Under the direction of management, ensures quality hires and manages compensation and performance management programs to stay within salary budget
- Leads the Advisor team to ensure that policies and decisions are followed.
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments
- Serves as a leader and mentor to all levels of advisors
- Completes leadership stretch assignments, training courses, etc. to develop essential management skills and talent
- Ensures excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process
- Trains and mentors advisors in the assessment of future students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be
enrolled through graduation
- Leads, and mentors advisors ensuring high level of knowledge of academic
programs and admission processes.
- Ensures advisors provide excellent customer service to students through the admission process
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required
2 yrs required of previous admissions experience preferred
Management experience preferred
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
Ability to lead and manage a team
Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States