Center for Discovery Careers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Center for Discovery Careers
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Full-Time
About Center For Discovery
Center For Discovery has a 20-year legacy of transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our clients and their families. We are a national leader in behavioral healthcare and offer world-class treatment for eating disorders, mental health and substance abuse conditions. We serve adolescents and adults in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve.
Benefits of Working at Center For Discovery
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
Additional benefits include:
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental benefits including FSA and 401K
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays
- Modern, home-like office space
- Team-building exercises and activities
- Family-style meals
This position is at an outpatient behavioral health facility with a comprehensive family program and family support. Our specialized programs are integrated partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs.
This is a full-time position. As a Counselor III, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. You will work daily with our clients and be responsible for:
- Contributing insightful, practical and meaningful information to support the client’s behavior, mood and healing process
- Role-modeling appropriate and supportive behavior based on your training and experience
- Supporting our clients in their journey to a healthier and more productive life
The Counseling team is available to our clients on a twenty-four hour basis. Counselors are often part of the client’s major support system, and as such, derive great satisfaction from making a powerful difference in their lives. Counselors manage crisis situations such as food refusal, emotional breakdowns and more. Center For Discovery is open to ideas for connecting with our clients in new and innovative ways. Counselors are empowered to be creative in their approach as personal strengths, skills and passions (e.g. yoga, art, hobbies…) may be integrated into our program.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university and one year experience in the mental health or counseling field
- Clinical ntern/associate license number is preferred
- Must possess a current Driver’s License and be in good standing
- Greeting new clients and introducing them to their primary treatment team
- Determining whether the new client has any special needs, communicating those needs to the treatment team and assisting in making sure the needs are met
- Eating together during meal times to model positive dietary behaviors
- Contributing to the well-being of all clients by serving as a positive role model, demonstrating appropriate dress, grooming, communication and positive behavior in a professional, warm and caring manner, and if the client needs to “check in,” helps the client to engage in positive coping skills
- Facilitating the treatment plan set forth by the Therapist by providing day-to-day support
- Responsibility for running therapeutic groups including education on coping skills, relapse prevention, DBT, psycho education, life skills, etc.
- May be the lead on shifts
- May carry a small caseload of clients
- Assisting the Facility Administrator and/or Program Director as needed
- Assisting Therapists in the discharge process by helping the client transition home
- Participating in a weekly multi-disciplinary team meeting
- Sharing vital information of the client’s progress with the treatment team
- Understanding and maintaining the confidential nature of all client and program related activities
- Dedicating to personal growth by pursuing educational and personal growth plans and encouraging others to do the same
- Supporting, promoting and defending the Discovery culture by strictly adhering to its philosophy, mission, objectives and value statements
- Attending all training, education and staff enrichment activities
- Being actively involved in training to become a therapist at Center for Discovery