Carpenter Technology Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Technology Corporation
Amega West Services is a global leader in the manufacture and rental of O&G drilling equipment and downhole tools for vertical, directional, and horizontal drilling. A company of Carpenter Technology Corporation, Amega West combines its superior service quality with Carpenter’s high-performance CarTech® materials to provide equipment and tools with superior mechanical properties and corrosion resistance in HPHT drilling conditions and wellbore environments.
Amega West is also pioneering design improvements for enhanced drilling performance with powder metallurgy and additive manufacturing. Headquartered in Houston, Amega West operates service facilities in the US, Canada, Singapore, and UAE, and stocks inventory in Saudi Arabia, and Indonesia.
WELDING PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
· Assists in establishing and certifying welding procedures (WPS) and procedure qualifications record (PQR) in support of manufacturing.
· Assists in establishing welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, and pre and post-heating requirements.
· Assist with evaluating new developments in welding fields for possible application to current welding problems or production processes. May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques and materials.
· Monitor welding activities to ensure conformity to desired process outputs
· Take actions to mitigate the occurrence or re-occurrence of nonconformities.
· Order necessary welding equipment and welding consumables.
· Certify the welding procedures both internally and externally.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· AWS Welding Engineer Certification (CWE) or Welding Inspection Certification (CWI) is a plus.
· Knowledge and experience with efficient weld joint designs. Knowledge and experience with wire-fed GTAW welding processes as well as plasma transfer arc technology. Experience or knowledge of laser clad processes a plus.
· Requires good verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to be organized and set priorities, use sound judgment and meet Deadlines. Work in a team environment that is fast-paced and an ever changing work environment.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand welding specifications.
· Requires technical skills, attention to detail, good verbal communication skills, and ability to troubleshoot and solve a variety of welding problems.
· 5+ years of experience in above requirements.
· Ability to travel to districts as needed to ensure compliance to established processes.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
Carpenter Technology Corporation offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Learn more
Carpenter Technology Corporation is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. We will work to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to 5 business days.